- 1 What is the cost of living in Appleton WI?
- 2 How many nursing homes are in WI?
- 3 What is Appleton Wisconsin known for?
- 4 How did Appleton get its name?
- 5 What is it like living in Appleton WI?
- 6 What is there to do in Appleton Wisconsin today?
- 7 How many skilled nursing facilities are in Wisconsin?
- 8 Who governs nursing homes in Wisconsin?
- 9 How do I report a nursing home in Wisconsin?
- 10 What is the most dangerous city in Wisconsin?
- 11 What is the safest city in Wisconsin?
- 12 What is the crime rate in Appleton Wisconsin?
- 13 How far is Appleton from Green Bay?
- 14 What does Appleton mean?
- 15 How far is Appleton from Milwaukee?
What is the cost of living in Appleton WI?
Appleton cost of living is 84.9
|COST OF LIVING||Appleton||Wisconsin|
|Median Home Cost||$155,900||$188,100|
How many nursing homes are in WI?
There are 355 nursing homes in Wisconsin.
What is Appleton Wisconsin known for?
Appleton and the Fox Cities, 18 communities along the Fox River and Lake Winnebago, are known for shopping, Harry Houdini and the Mile of Music festival. One of the largest children’s museums in the Midwest, a minor league ball team and great trails make this a fun destination for the whole family.
How did Appleton get its name?
Appleton, Wisconsin All of what is now Appleton, and beyond, was named after the Fox River’s rushing rapids. It was called Grand Chute. In 1847, Amos Lawrence – a Boston merchant – chartered and funded the construction of Lawrence University.
What is it like living in Appleton WI?
Living in Appleton offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Appleton there are a lot of bars, restaurants, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Appleton and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Appleton are highly rated.
What is there to do in Appleton Wisconsin today?
Top Attractions in Appleton
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center. 355.
- Hearthstone Historic House Museum. 148.
- Building for Kids. 143.
- The History Museum at the Castle. 150.
- Butterfly Gardens of Wisconsin. Zoos • Gardens.
- Paper Discovery Center.
- Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve.
- Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium.
How many skilled nursing facilities are in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin Nursing Home Statistics Wisconsin contains 353 certified Medicare and Medicaid nursing homes. These nursing homes have a total of 28,099 available beds for skilled nursing residents and at the time when we updated this data 70% of those beds were full.
Who governs nursing homes in Wisconsin?
Complaints. The Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) is responsible for assuring the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Wisconsin.
How do I report a nursing home in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin nursing homes laws and regulations have ensured it is easy for anyone to report suspected cases of nursing home abuse. You can file a complaint by talking directly to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services through their hotline at 1-800-642-6552.
What is the most dangerous city in Wisconsin?
Where Are The Most Dangerous Cities In Wisconsin?
|Rank||City||Violent Crimes Per Capita|
What is the safest city in Wisconsin?
A closer look at the safest cities in Wisconsin Waterford Town is the new safest city in Wisconsin, topping the list with 0 reported violent crimes, and just 24 reported property crimes. No city reported more than 10 total violent crimes. Hobart-Lawrence had the most with only 8.
What is the crime rate in Appleton Wisconsin?
The Appleton WI crime rate for 2018 was 220.2 per 100,000 population, a 19.01% decline from 2017. The Appleton WI crime rate for 2017 was 271.9 per 100,000 population, a 2.69% decline from 2016. The Appleton WI crime rate for 2016 was 279.42 per 100,000 population, a 3.3% increase from 2015.
How far is Appleton from Green Bay?
Distance between Green Bay and Appleton is 42 kilometers (26 miles).
What does Appleton mean?
The name Appleton has a long Anglo-Saxon heritage. The name comes from when a family lived near an orchard or a homestead where apples were grown. The Old English word for orchard is æppeltun, which is a compound word formed from æppel, which means apple, and tun, which means enclosure.
How far is Appleton from Milwaukee?
The total driving distance from Milwaukee, WI to Appleton, WI is 108 miles or 174 kilometers.