- 1 What is a good study Bible to buy?
- 2 What is a Concordia Bible?
- 3 What do the Lutherans believe?
- 4 What is in a study Bible?
- 5 Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
- 6 What is the most accurate Bible?
- 7 How is Lutheranism different from Christianity?
- 8 What is a Concordia?
- 9 Do Lutherans make the sign of the cross?
- 10 Do Lutherans believe in the Virgin Mary?
- 11 Can Lutheran pastors forgive sins?
- 12 Which is the best Bible commentary?
- 13 What is a parallel Bible?
- 14 Who wrote the NIV Study Bible?
What is a good study Bible to buy?
- The Jeremiah Study Bible, NKJV.
- ESV Student Study Bible.
- NKJV, The MacArthur Study Bible.
- KJV Study Bible Red Letter Editio.
- ESV Study Bible (Indexed)
- Harper Collins Study Bible (Student Edition)
- NIV Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition.
- Study Bible, Personal Size.
What is a Concordia Bible?
The Concordia Self-Study Bible (CSSB) provides the older version of the NIV Bible (1984) translation with Zondervan’s NIV Study Bible notes, modified by Lutheran Bible scholars.
What do the Lutherans believe?
Lutherans believe that humans are saved from their sins by God’s grace alone ( Sola Gratia ), through faith alone ( Sola Fide ), on the basis of Scripture alone ( Sola Scriptura ). Orthodox Lutheran theology holds that God made the world, including humanity, perfect, holy and sinless.
What is in a study Bible?
A study Bible usually contains an extensive help and a critical apparatus, which may contain such features as: Annotations explaining difficult passages or points of theology and doctrine. Articles and short biographies or character studies of Biblical people, places, and topics.
Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
The New American Standard Bible is a literal translation from the original texts, well suited to study because of its accurate rendering of the source texts. It follows the style of the King James Version but uses modern English for words that have fallen out of use or changed their meanings.
What is the most accurate Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
How is Lutheranism different from Christianity?
Lutheranism, the branch of Christianity that traces its interpretation of the Christian religion to the teachings of Martin Luther and the 16th-century movements that issued from his reforms. Unlike the Roman Catholic Church, however, Lutheranism is not a single entity.
What is a Concordia?
Concordia may refer to: Concordia (mythology), the Roman goddess of harmony.
Do Lutherans make the sign of the cross?
Among Lutherans the practice was widely retained. For example, Luther’s Small Catechism states that it is expected before the morning and evening prayers. ‘” Since then, the sign of the cross has become fairly commonplace among Lutherans at worship. The sign of the cross is now customary in the Divine Service.
Do Lutherans believe in the Virgin Mary?
Lutherans have always believed that Mary is the Theotokos, the God-bearer. Martin Luther said: [S]he became the Mother of God, in which work so many and such great good things are bestowed on her as pass man’s understanding. Therefore she is truly the mother of God and yet remained a virgin.
Can Lutheran pastors forgive sins?
In the Lutheran Church, Confession (also called Holy Absolution) is the method given by Christ to the Church by which individual men and women may receive the forgiveness of sins; according to the Large Catechism, the “third sacrament” of Holy Absolution is properly viewed as an extension of Holy Baptism.
Which is the best Bible commentary?
Prominent series include:
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary (EBC)
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary (revised) (REBC)
- International Critical Commentary (ICC)
- Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching.
What is a parallel Bible?
In Christian theology, a parallel passage is a passage in another portion of the Bible which describes the same event. The Bible frequently describes the same event from different points of view in different canonical books yielding a more complete picture of the event than a single passage on the subject does.
Who wrote the NIV Study Bible?
|New International Version|
|Authorship||Biblica (formerly International Bible Society)|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia; additional sources NT: UBS Greek New Testament; Novum Testamentum Graece; additional sources|
|Translation type||Dynamic equivalence|