- 1 What does it mean to be a dean’s candidate?
- 2 What GPA do you need to get into Cal Lutheran?
- 3 Does Cal Lutheran give athletic scholarships?
- 4 What does it mean to be a priority applicant?
- 5 Is the Dean’s List important?
- 6 What is the acceptance rate for Cal Lutheran?
- 7 What is Cal Lutheran known for?
- 8 Is it hard to get into Cal Lutheran?
- 9 How can I get the most scholarships?
- 10 How do I apply to Cal Lutheran?
What does it mean to be a dean’s candidate?
A Dean’s Candidate is a student who has been selected for a variety of reasons. The admission committee has identified you as an individual who can contribute to the Cal Lutheran community both academically and personally.
What GPA do you need to get into Cal Lutheran?
With a GPA of 3.7, California Lutheran University requires you to be above average in your high school class. You’ll need at least a mix of A’s and B’s, with more A’s than B’s. You can compensate for a lower GPA with harder classes, like AP or IB classes.
Does Cal Lutheran give athletic scholarships?
Division I games are sometimes televised and usually cost money to attend in person, while at Cal Lutheran admission to all athletic events is free. As a Division III school, Cal Lutheran does not offer scholarships based on athletic talents, but many of the student athletes receive academic scholarships.
What does it mean to be a priority applicant?
It’s an application that either doesn’t require an application fee, drops some requirements such as personal statements or letters of rec, opens up more scholarship opportunities, or a combination of the three. Schools send priority applications to students they don’t think would consider their school otherwise.
Is the Dean’s List important?
Demonstrates strong academic performance. Shows a consistent level of performance if achieved all semesters. Adds another credential and honor to your resume. Depending on the school or employer, it may be extra valuable if the GPA requirement for Dean’s List is especially high.
What is the acceptance rate for Cal Lutheran?
California Lutheran University admissions is more selective with an acceptance rate of 71% and an early acceptance rate of 79.3%. Half the applicants admitted to California Lutheran University have an SAT score between 1070 and 1250 or an ACT score of 21 and 27.
What is Cal Lutheran known for?
California Lutheran University is perfect for any student. They offer a diverse and immersive education. The people are friendly and the faculty are very helpful. Being that Cal Lu is a liberal arts school, students are required to take classes that they may otherwise pass up.
Is it hard to get into Cal Lutheran?
California Lutheran admissions is somewhat selective with an acceptance rate of 71%. Students that get into California Lutheran have an average SAT score between 1070-1250 or an average ACT score of 21-27. The regular admissions application deadline for California Lutheran is January 1.
How can I get the most scholarships?
13 Best Tips for Winning College Scholarships
- Apply for local scholarships.
- Apply for scholarships with smaller awards.
- More work = fewer applicants = better chances.
- Get personal.
- Don’t introduce yourself in your essay.
- Don’t repeat the essay prompt.
- Don’t use quotes.
- Satisfy all the requirements.
How do I apply to Cal Lutheran?
Start Your Application
- Create Your Account. Begin by creating an account on The Common Application website if you haven’t already done so.
- Complete Your Application & Essay.
- Request Recommendation.
- Submit Application Fee.
- Optional Test Scores.
- Final Review & Submit.
- Next Steps.